Free Early Learning sessions for three and four year olds
Free Early Learning sessions will support your child with their learning and development and will also give them a head start when they begin school. All three and four year olds are entitled to up to 15 hours of Free Early Learning for 38 weeks of the year.
Funded sessions for two year olds
Some two year olds in Brighton & Hove will be entitled to free childcare sessions. Make sure your child does not miss out on the opportunity to play, learn and make friends. Early Explorers offers two year old funded places.
If you receive one or more of the following benefits, your child is entitled to a free place
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income not over £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children are also entitled to a free place if they
- are looked after by the local authority (eg foster care) or adopted
If you would prefer to speak to a Family Information Service Advisor in person, you can call their helpline on 01273 293545, Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm